Saturday, January 19, 2013

California Dreamin'

Do dreams matter?  I wonder.  Not aspirations or goals as in 'I've Got A Dream'.  I am speaking of the dreams that Scrooge refers to when trying to explain the vision of the Spirit of Christmas Past as 'a crumb of potato or a bit of undigested beef'.  In my case, too much popcorn with loads of salt almost always predicates odd nocturnal visions.  

At my age, I could qualify for the Biblical reference to 'old men dreaming dreams'.  What of the reliance on dreams in Scripture?  My theology allows for the possibility of communication through that other dimension, but I haven't experienced it.  I am dubious when others claim to have dreams with meanings, in no small part because I have seen people making decisions based on 'dreams' or 'impressions' with catastrophic results.

But, recently, I started journaling my dreams to see if there is some detectable pattern.  I am listening with genuine curiosity to conversations about dreams.  Whether I discover anything more than Scrooge did, at least I will have explored the wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment