Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blogger Interrupted


Our family, up until a month ago, shared two computers and I had my very own delightful little 11.6” MacBook Air.  It is an ideal portable writing station that I could use at home or on the train.  Then, the 6 ½ year old MacBook shared by the younger girls developed a serious problem: restarting all by itself after about 10 minutes of use.  I checked out the symptoms and was able to repeat it by logging into a Flash-heavy web site.  The fan kicked on and shortly thereafter the computer restarted.  Not a good sign.  Now, I could have dropped more money and time into the old machine. But the short-term fix was to pull the hard drive, copy the data onto another external drive, and pass “my” laptop on to the girls - at least until the end of the school year.  So, I am back to the same place I was before I started blogging: using a work laptop and a flash drive as my writing tools.  I could go on about the things I miss about the Air, but this is doable.  No more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment